Okay, so these scotch scones might not be the healthiest of all time, but they sure are yummy! For variety, try mixing in blueberries, cranberries or orange zest.
Traditional Scotch Scones
Write a review
- 2 cups white, all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 3 tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup oil
- 3 tbsp. milk
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sour cream. Add remaining ingredients, stirring until dough clings together.
- On a well-floured surface, toss dough lightly until no longer sticky. Knead 12 to 15 times.
- Divide dough in half. Pat each ball of dough into a 6-inch circle with the top slightly rounded.
- Brush each surface with milk; sprinkle with sugar. Cut each circle into six wedges. Place 2 inches apart on a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve hot with butter.
Health Journal https://www.thehealthjournals.com/