Matcha Muffins with White Chocolate Chips
Write a review
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ tsp. baking powder
- 1½ tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tbsp. matcha powder
- ½ cup plus
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 1⅓ cups buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- ⅓ cup canola oil
- 1½ tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. almond extract
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 400º F. Line and grease a muffin pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, matcha powder and ½ cup of sugar.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, egg, oil and extracts.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir to combine. Fold in the white chocolate chips.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin cups, sprinkle the tops with the remaining tablespoon of sugar and bake for 16-18 minutes, until the tops are lightly browned.
- Let cool slightly in the pan and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Health Journal https://www.thehealthjournals.com/