This spring pea and mint soup is fresh, creamy, low calorie, healthy and vegan.
Source: As Easy As Apple Pie – Adapted from Jamie Oliver
Lighten UP this Spring with this delicious soup recipe!
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- ½ clove garlic, chopped
- 1 cube vegetable stock or 1 teaspoon homemade vegetable stock powder
- 3 1/4 cup water
- 14 ounces fresh or frozen peas
- a small bunch of fresh mint
- freshly ground black pepper
- Place a large pan on high heat with 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil. Add the chopped celery, onion and garlic and saute for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon.
- Put the stock into a jug with the hot water. Stir until it’s dissolved.
- Add the stock and peas to the vegetables (if you are using frozen peas there is no need to defrost them).
- Stir and bring to boil.
- Reduce the heat, put the lid on and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- When the peas have softened, remove the pan from heat, season with salt and pepper and add the mint leaves.
- Using a blender (or hand blender) pulse the spring pea and mint soup until smooth.
- If serving cold, transfer the soup to the refrigerator to chill.
- Garnish with a sprig of fresh mint and enjoy!
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Cook Time 15 minutes
- Total Time 25 minutes
- Servings 3
- Calories 164 kcal