Grilled Chicken with Vegetables
Write a review
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil, crumbled
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 4 ounces each), all visible fat discarded
- 1 small zucchini, cut lengthwise into slices 1/4 inch wide
- 1 small red bell pepper, cut crosswise into 4 rings
- 1/4 small eggplant (about 4 ounces), cut crosswise into 1/2-inch slices
- Cooking spray
- • In a small bowl, stir together the basil, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Transfer 1 teaspoon of the mixture to a large shallow dish. Reserve the remaining mixture.
- • Stir the lemon zest, lemon juice and oil into the basil mixture in the shallow dish. Dip the chicken in the mixture, turning to coat. Transfer to a large plate. Cover and refrigerate for 10 minutes to 8 hours.
- • Preheat the grill on medium high.
- • Put the zucchini, bell pepper and eggplant on a flat surface. Lightly spray both sides of the vegetables with cooking spray. Sprinkle both sides with the reserved basil mixture. Using your fingertips, gently press the mixture so it adheres to the vegetables.
- • Grill the chicken for 4 to 5 minutes on each side, or until no longer pink in the center. After grilling the chicken on one, side, put the zucchini, bell pepper and eggplant on the grill. Grill the vegetables for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until tender. Serve the chicken with the vegetables on the side.
The Health Journal: Fitness, Nutrition, Wellness, Tips & Advice http://www.thehealthjournals.com/