Frozen Yogurt Bark
Write a review
- 1 1/2 cups 2 percent low-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoon chopped, unsalted almonds
- 1/2 cup chopped mango
- 1/4 cup blackberries or raspberries, chopped if large
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1. In a medium bowl, add yogurt and honey. Mix together to combine.
- 2. Line a 9-inch by 13-inch baking dish with parchment paper. Use a spatula or knife to spread the yogurt as thin as possible over the entire bottom of the dish.
- 3. Add the chopped nuts over the top of the yogurt. Use your fingers to slightly press them into the yogurt. Peel the mango, cutting the slices around the pit. Finely chop the mango and berries, if they are larger than bite-sized. Top the yogurt with the fruit and mash—add as much fruit as will fit over the top. Again, slightly press fruit into the yogurt.
- 4. Cover with plastic wrap or foil and place in the freezer overnight.
- 5. When ready to serve, lift the parchment paper from the baking dish onto a cutting board. Use your hands to break bark apart into pieces (slightly banging the bark onto the cutting board). Serve. Store in sealed Ziploc bag in the freezer for up to one month.
The Health Journal http://www.thehealthjournals.com/