Casablanca Fish Stew
This is a standard stew commonly made in Morocco and the fish can be substituted with other proteins sources such a beef, chicken or lamb.
Write a review
- 2 pounds firm white fish (or tuna)
- 1 bundle of parsley, chopped
- 1/2 bundle cilantro, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 medium, diced tomatoes
- 1 green pepper, sliced julienne
- 5 large diced potatoes, yellow Yukon
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground tumeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 1/2 tablespoons. Spanish paprika
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup green olives
- Dash of lemon juice
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- Cut fish into stew-sized cubes or strips.
- • Arrange all of the herbs and vegetables on the bottom of a medium-depth stock pot or dutch oven.
- • Place the pieces of fish on top of the vegetables.
- • Sprinkle the dry seasonings, tomato sauce, lemon juice and olive oil over the entire dish.
- • Cover the pot and cook over medium heat for about 25 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. If you are using a different protein, you will need to adjust the cooking time accordingly.
The Health Journal: Fitness, Nutrition, Wellness, Tips & Advice http://www.thehealthjournals.com/