THIS DELICIOUS PASTA SALAD FEATURES RED LENTIL PASTA, WHICH IS HIGH IN PROTEIN AND LOW IN CARBOHYDRATES. THE NUTRITIONAL YEAST HAS A CHEESY, NUTTY TASTE FULL OF PROTEIN!
- 1 package Red Lentil Sedanini
- 1 bag of fresh or frozen broccoli florets
- 1 cup peas (optional)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup of nutritional yeast (substitute for grated Romano cheese)
- 4 cubes frozen garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- Lightly boil or steam broccoli until it is firm, not soft.
- While broccoli is cooking, boil water for pasta.
- Heat skillet, sauté garlic in half of olive oil.
- Add cooked broccoli.
- Cook pasta al dente.
- When pasta is done, add to skillet with broccoli. Stir to combine, add remaining olive oil and nutritional yeast, and toss.
- Season to taste