Sweet Potato Nachos
What child won’t want to try orange nachos? The seasoned sweet potatoes with the mellow cheese create a wonderful combination for a snack or healthier game-day appetizer!
Write a review
- 3 medium sweet potatoes (about 2 pounds), makes about 6 cups of rounds
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1/3 cup black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped tomato (1 plum tomato) OR
- 1/3 cup no-salt-added, canned, diced tomatoes, drained, rinsed
- 1/3 cup chopped avocado
- • Preheat the oven to 425°F. Cover the baking pans with foil and coat with nonstick cooking spray.
- • Peel and slice the sweet potatoes thinly (about quarter-inch rounds). In a bowl, toss the rounds with olive oil, chili powder, garlic powder and paprika. Spread evenly on prepared pan (might need two pans). Bake for 10 minutes and use a spatula to flip the sweet potato rounds. Bake for another 5-10 minutes or until crisp.
- • Remove the pan from the oven and sprinkle beans and cheese over the sweet potatoes. Return to oven until cheese melts, about 2 minutes. Sprinkle with tomato and avocado. Serve.
The Health Journal http://www.thehealthjournals.com/