A gorgeous, nutritious, delicious burst of color! The dressing and salad are a perfect marriage–so crisp and refreshing.
- Large head of romaine
- 15 oz. can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 large orange bell pepper
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups corn (use frozen, thawed)
- 5 green onions
- Optional: avocado
- 1 cup loosely packed cilantro, stems removed and roughly chopped
- 1/2 avocado (or 1/2 cup plain vegan yogurt)
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice (about 1/2 lime), more to taste
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup olive oil (for oil-free, sub a little water to thin)
- 1 1/2 tsp. white wine vinegar
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- Recommended: agave/honey, cumin
- To make the dressing: puree all ingredients in a food processor/blender until smooth. Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary.
- Finely chop romaine, bell pepper, tomatoes and green onions.
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl and stir to combine.
- Toss with desired dressing.