Recipe and Photography courtesy of The Hungry Hounds (thehungryhounds.com)
As an early-season veggie, grilled or roasted asparagus is perfect for early spring. Add a splash of lemon to enhance the flavor of this wonderful side-dish.
Serves 2 for a light lunch
- 1 pound asparagus
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- juice of half a lemon
- Heat the oven to 425 F.
- Wash the asparagus and trim off the tough, woody ends.
- Toss the asparagus in a large bowl with the olive oil, salt, pepper and lemon juice. Spread the asparagus evenly on a baking pan (use a silicon baking mat or parchment to make clean up easier).
- Roast the asparagus for 12-15 minutes until the asparagus is slightly wrinkled and the tips look crispy.
- Serve hot or at room temperature with an additional twist of lemon juice.