This light, healthy salad is packed with protien and fiber and it tastes great! Perfect for potluck gatherings, it is always a crowd-pleaser.
- 2 cups mixed quinoa
- 1 cup French lentils (cooked)
- 2/3 of a package of arugula (or small bunch)
- 1 cup organic cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup chopped cucumbers
- 1/2 cup chopped cabbage
- 1/2 bunch chopped scallions
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts, almonds or cashews
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro or parsley
- 1 1/2 Tbsp fat-free feta cheese (or goat cheese)
- lime wedges for garnish
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves chopped garlic
- ¼ cup red wine or balsamic vinegar
- ½ tsp mustard (dijon or deli)
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 tsp honey or agave nectar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Cook the quinoa
- Chop all veggies and herbs.
- Place cooked quinoa in a large serving bowl;
- Add all chopped veggies and stir to combine. The warmth of the quinoa will slightly blanch the greens and veggies.
Whisk together dressing ingredients.
- Sprinkle cheese over the top.
- Add dressing mix again and serve. Can be served slightly warm or at room temperature.