This mouthwatering dish is a hit at any summer cookout.
- 6 oz watermelon
- 1 cup of farro or bowtie pasta
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella (small balls if possible)
- 1 cucumber
- 1 shallot
- 2 tbsps of balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsps of olive oil
- Cook the pasta and put in the refridgerator to chill.
- While the pasta cooks, use a vegetable peeler to shave the cucumber into ribbons, rotating as necessary. Discard the seedy core. Shave the shallot. Scoop the watermelon into balls. Cut the mozzarella into 3⁄4-inch cubes or use the mozzarella balls.
- In a large bowl, whisk together 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar and 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss the pasta, watermelon, cucumber, mozzarella and shallots into the vinaigrette.
- Spoon salad onto plates and serve.
Photos by Kristen Vann Bryant