- 1 green apple (leave skin on) cored, cut into large chunks
- 1-2 handfuls of spinach, washed
- ¼ large cucumber (peeled, cut into large chunks)
- 1 kiwi, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice 1 cup low-fat milk (or milk substitute or water)
- 2 tsp. honey
- 1 cup ice cubes
Add all ingredients into a blender. Pulse until thoroughly blended. When blended to desired consistency, pour into cups and serve.
- Try adding cinnamon, vanilla or ginger to change the flavor of the smoothie.
- If listed vegetables and fruits aren’t available, substitute other green produce items such as parsley, pears, peas, kale, leaf lettuce, greens or green beans. Note: The flavor profile and nutrition information will change.
- If ice cubes aren’t available, use chilled ingredients for best results.
Recipe copyright © 2016 American Heart Association.