Cinnamon Quinoa with Peaches
Write a review
- cooking spray
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa (rinsed, drained)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups fat-free half-and-half
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups frozen peach slices thawed (sliced or diced)
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans (dry roasted, coarsely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans (dry-roasted, coarsely chopped)
- In a 3 to 4 1/2-quart round or oval slow cooker, lightly spray the slow cooker with cooking spray. Pour in the water. Stir in the quinoa and cinnamon. Cook, covered, on low for 2 hours or on high for 1 hour, or until the water is absorbed and the quinoa is tender.
- Just before the quinoa is ready, in a small bowl, stir together the half-and-half, sugar, and vanilla extract until the sugar has dissolved. Add 1/4 cup pecans to mixture.
- Spoon the quinoa into bowls. Top with the peaches. Pour in the half-and half mixture. Sprinkle with remaining pecans.
The Health Journal http://www.thehealthjournals.com/