Chorizo Chili Con Queso
Write a review
- 1/4 pound bulk pork chorizo
- 1/2 medium white onion cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 2 poblano chiles, roasted and cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 2 chipotle chiles in adobo sauce, diced
- 2 tomatoes, cored, halved, seeded, and cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 2 cups (8 ounces) pepper jack cheese, shredded
- 2 cups (8 ounces) sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup heavy (whipping) cream
- • In a 4-quart saucepan over medium heat, warm the olive oil and swirl to coat the pan. Add the chorizo and sauté, stirring constantly and using the side of a spatula to break up the chunks, until cooked through, about 3 minutes. Add the onion, chiles and tomatoes and sauté, stirring frequently, until the onion softens, about 3 minutes. Turn the heat to medium-low and add both cheeses, stirring constantly, until the cheeses melt, about 2 minutes. Add the cream and stir until heated through.
- • Transfer to a fondue pot set over an alcohol or sterno flame to keep warm. Serve immediately.
- • Dippables: Tortilla Chips, either store-bought or homemade; Corn Chips; Crusty-hard peasant bread cut into 1-inch cubes; Potato or Yuca Chips; Taro Root Chips; Pita Chips
- • Dip Do-Ahead: This dip can be prepared 1 day in advance. Allow the mixture to cool, transfer it to a covered container and refrigerate. Reheat in a saucepan over low heat and then transfer to a fondue pot for serving.
The Health Journal: Fitness, Nutrition, Wellness, Tips & Advice http://www.thehealthjournals.com/