Chocolate Pecan Pie
After all the great sides and delicous entrees this holiday season, you’ll have to top it all off with a slice of this decedant chocolate pecan pie.
Write a review
- 1 premade or home made 9 inch pie crust
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups pecans
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup white sugar*
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla extract
- * Or use light brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Place pie crust in a 9 inch pie pan flute
- the edges.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk the eggs.
- Once the eggs are beaten, add the sugar, butter, corn syrup and vanilla extract, whisking until combined.
- Pour the mixture into pie crust over pecans and chocolate chips*
- Bake approximately 10 minutes at 375° F, then lower the heat to 350° F and bake for 20-25 minutes or until filling is set.
- Let cool about 30 minutes before serving.
- *Pecans will float to the top
The Health Journal: Fitness, Nutrition, Wellness, Tips & Advice http://www.thehealthjournals.com/