These are a great (healthier) treat that the whole family will love. These super-tasty snacks are such an awesome way to sneak in lots of healthy oats, nuts and seeds.
Makes a small batch, about 6-8 small balls
- 1/4 cup agave (or honey)
- 1/4 cup peanut butter, or other nut butter
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips (or raw cacao)
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup almonds, crushed
- 1/8 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/8 cup sunflower seeds
- Melt peanut butter and agave or honey in a pan over medium heat.
- Add remaining ingredients. (To crush whole almonds, place them in a Ziploc bag on a cutting board and crush with rolling pin.)
- Stir with spatula for a couple minutes to combine until chocolate thoroughly melts.
- Remove from heat and let sit in pan at least 10 minutes to cool.
- When cool to the touch, mold into balls. They will harden further as they sit for a while. Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
TIP: For large batches, place balls on a baking sheet and place in the freezer for about a half hour, then remove and place them in a sealed Tupperware in the fridge for storage. This way they’re already chilled and hardened and don’t stick together upon hardening in the fridge.
Vegan (with dairy-free chocolate), gluten-free (with gf oats)