Prep time 5 mins
Total time 5 mins
Delicious and healthy chia seed pudding packed with protein, Omega-3, antioxidants and calcium. This simple recipe can be made in just 5 minutes! There are many variations feel free to experiment by adding fruit or anything else that sounds yummy to you.
Recipe type: Breakfast/Snack Serves: 4 servings
- 2 cups coconut milk (could use milk, rice or almond)
- ½ cup Chia Seeds
- ½ cup quick oats
- ¼ cup (or less) maple syrup (or sub any sweetener)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- Chopped nuts (almonds, cashews, pistachios)
- Optional: ¼ teaspoon cinnamon powder or nutmeg
- Simply mix together in a bowl.
- Pour mixture into a jar or glass container and place in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight to let gel. I prefer to make this at night to have ready for a fast breakfast the next day. It is also great to make in the morning for a delicious pre-made dessert at night.
Flavor mix ins – for variety you can experiment with different flavors. Chocolate (cocoa powder), fresh fruit like berries or bananas, chai flavor (cinnamon, cardamon & cloves); peanut butter (almond butter) with a scoop of jam on top; matcha powder (add a touch of agave).
Mix up the Flavor
I prefer basic vanilla chia seed pudding, but I’ve always been a vanilla ice cream person too. If vanilla isn’t your thing, here are some great flavor options you can try:
- Chocolate: Add 1/4 cup cocoa powder to the blended version of this recipe and/or add chocolate flavored stevia
- Strawberry: Add 1/2 cup fresh strawberries to the blended recipe. Or, try blending fresh strawberries into a juice and use as part of the liquid in the whole chia seed recipe
- Chai: Add 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon powder and a pinch of cardamon and cloves for a chai flavor.
- PB&J: Add 3 Tablespoons each of natural Peanut or Almond butter and Jelly or Jam of choice. Blend into recipe if using blended version. For whole chia seed variation, blend the peanut butter and jelly into the milk before mixing in the seeds.
- Matcha: Add 1 tablespoon Matcha Green Tea Powder to the mix for a bright green chia pudding naturally (great idea for St. Patrick’s Day!)