Makes 5-6 tacos
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 red onion, diced
- 1 large handful of cilantro, chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 to 2 medium avocados
- cotija cheese
- 2-3 limes
- 6 corn tortillas
- Scramble 6 eggs and cook to your liking.
- Assemble tacos by adding a few spoonfuls of scrambled eggs onto each heated tortilla.
- Garnish with red onion, green onion, avocado, cotija cheese, lime juice, cilantro and the creamy salsa verde.
Note: vary the ingredients according to your taste, spice tolerance and what’s in the refrigerator.
CREAMY SALSA VERDE
- 1 jalapeño
- 1/2 avocado
- 2 dollops of sour cream
- 1/2 yellow onion
- 5-6 tomatillos
- 3-4 teaspoons salt
- 1 small lime, juiced
- Remove husk from tomatillos and wash thoroughly.
- Cut into halves and place on a heated cast iron skillet on medium heat.
- Peel and halve a yellow onion; also place on the cast iron.
- Roast for about 5-10 minutes, turning over the ingredients occasionally.
- Place the tomatillos and onion in a blender and add half an avocado, sour cream, 1 jalapeño (remove seeds according to how spicy you like it to be) salt and juice from small lime. Blend until smooth.
- Keep the creamy salsa verde in the fridge to cool until ready to serve.
STORING & OTHER USES The salsa keeps well in the fridge for a week and can be used to top meats and veggies for other meals throughout the week!